Car insurance for
Need Insurance? We have got you covered
There are various insurance providers in the market, and we have narrowed the number down to two so that you will not have to search for the options.
Following are two of our recommendations.
Many young drivers in the UK are currently learning to Drive, but they always cautious about the cost of running a car which is not cheap. So we are offering our students and everyone else to provide you with the best and cost-effective car insurance for young drivers or parents of young drivers.
W. Why not click the image below and see if you have saved money today with our partners. However, at MyFirstUK, we want to make car insurance for young drivers more affordable and accessible with the right level of cover and protection that you need.
As new and young drivers have less experience on the roads, statistics show that young drivers are more likely to have an accident when driving. As a result, car insurance providers often charge a premium for young drivers to cover the risk. MyFirstUK specialises in car insurance for young drivers. We know the best tips and tricks to help lower your premiums.
What insurance do I need?
If you are acquiring to drive entirely with a driving instructor, you do not need car insurance. Nevertheless, if you want additional practice outside of your lessons, you will oblige learner insurance to practice in a friend’s or relative’s car.
It is a legal obligation for all drivers to have some level of car insurance in the UK.
If you have passed your test, you will unquestionably need insurance to make the most of the freedom and opportunities that driving can bring.
There are three main types of insurance available to all drivers;
Third-Party – This type of insurance will only cover you with damage caused to other people (third parties), their car and property. It will not cover damage to your vehicle.
Third-Party, Fire and Theft – Besides covering damage caused to other people, this type of insurance will also have protection if your vehicle is stolen or lost because of fire.
Fully Comprehensive – As the name suggests, fully comprehensive insurance will cover all aspects listed above as well as offering protection against damage to your vehicle.
We’re here for you at every step of the driving journey, offering simple and affordable ways for young drivers to get behind the wheel.
Increase your chance of passing with provisional insurance
The DVSA recommends learner drivers get as much driving practice as possible alongside lessons. Our short-term car insurance for learner drivers makes it easy and affordable to practice in a family or friend’s car. How’s that, you ask?
- With cover from £1.23 per day, it’s often more cost-effective than adding a provisional driver to existing insurance
- Marmalade learner insurance customers are 23% more likely to pass the first time!
- Temporary options from 30 days to 6 months means you pay for the cover you need
What’s more, insuring a learner driver on a parent’s car or friend’s car gives peace of mind to the car owner as well as the learner:
- The cover is comprehensive with a low excess of £250
- There’s no risk to the car owner’s No Claims Bonus
- This provisional car insurance covers them for the driving test
Forget sitting on the phone with your insurer, and it takes minutes to get a quote and arrange cover to get on the road straight away.
Why choose Marmalade’s provisional insurance?
If you’re learning to drive, or you’re a parent of a learner driver, you can be assured you’re in good hands with Marmalade!
- Our customers rate us “Excellent” on the independent review site, Trustpilot.
- We’re the UK’s leading name in young driver insurance.
- The British Insurance Brokers Association endorses us as the Official Scheme Provider for Young Drivers.
- Our learner insurance is underwritten by Ageas, one of the UK’s largest insurers.
We provide various kind of insurance such as:
- Learner Driver Insurance (Learn in a family or friend’s car)
- Named Young Driver Insurance (Driving a parent’s car)
- Pay As You Go Insurance (Pay just for the miles you drive)
- Black Box Insurance (Young driver as the main driver)
- Student Driver Insurance (Temporary cover for full licence holders)
- Cars for Young Drivers (New car and insurance deals)